Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Looking for CDA Stories

Writing on "The CDA Book" has started.  It is amazing the amount of non-writing writing that you have to do when you start a book.  The amount of reading you have to do is also pretty mind-numbing.  Thanks to the web, at least some of that material is readily accessible, even 10 years after the fact. 

I'm looking for CDA stories right now, especially stories of the early days of CDA, PRA, or KEG.  If you have any of these you'd like to share, please let me know.  I'm also interested in real-world, "today" CDA stories.  If you have good (or bad) stories about CDA implementations today, I'd like to hear them.  Finally, I'm curious as to whether I need to spend any time in the book on "The great SDO debacle of 2006".  What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. For those of us who aren't in the know, what is "The great SDO debacle of 2006"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to ask the same; I guess Keith is referring to the US CCR versus CDA debate which lead to the creation of the CCD.

    I just hope his CDA book won't be US-specific, as this was just a relatively short lived rumble between US standards organizations, the outcome of which isn't terribly relevant anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was indeed referring to the CCR vs. CCD debate. No, the book wont' be US specific.

    ReplyDelete