Monday, December 12, 2011

Coming soon ...

Well OK, maybe a little bit later.  As I've been predicting, it seems that the Stage 2 Certification proposed rule will show up in mid-February.

What do I expect to see?  Here's my short list of predictions:

  1. HL7 CDA Consolidation (but no Green CDA) to replace CCD (it includes a CCD 1.1), and to add other document formats, and no CCR for Stage 2.
  2. SNOMED, LOINC and RxNORM for vocabularies, and my guess based on this post, is that ICD won't appear. 
  3. Direct and NwHIN Exchange for Health Information Exchange
  4. HL7 Version 2.5.1 for Reportable Labs (LRI), Syndromic Surveillance (ISDS) and Immunization Reporting (CDC)
  5. eRX will continue to allow both HL7 V2, and NCPDP, but may advance the standard versions.
We'll take a look see how well I did when the NPRM comes out.  

   - Keith

1 comment:

  1. Basically nailed it on the head right down the line with exception of ICD. Yes, they did include ICD-10. And I didn't predict InfoButton!

    ReplyDelete