Friday, September 13, 2013

Clinical Quality Workgroup

The Clinical Quality Workgroup of the HIT Standards FACA met today to discuss issues around the harmonization of information models and logic for expressing CQMs and CDS and readiness of those for use in the next stages of meaningful use.  While we could have dived right into various standards, I suggested that we first establish some principles around which we would be evaluating the standards and making recommendations.  So, I was asked to make a list of said principles.  I have my notions, but I'd like to hear yours.

Here are some examples:
1.  The standards should be aligned around a common data model.
2.  The translation from representation in one standard to the other should be obvious and non-ambiguous.
3.  Value sets should be able to be separately maintained.

If you have inputs, add them as comments below (here or on Google+), or e-mail me (you can find my e-mail address on this page).

    Keith

0 comments:

Post a Comment